Did we seriously just double our user base in only one month? … Okay, five weeks, to be exact. I think we did, folks. I think we did. Not that doubling our user base is new to us or anything — we've pretty much been doubling our user base steadily month after month since launching in September 2011 — but to go from one million users to two million so quickly?!
If that's not impressive, I don't know what is.
We must apologize in advance for popping our collars at Identified headquarters today, but this is totally "brush yo' shoulder off" material, and we couldn't help but share this amazing news with all of you. If it wasn't for our fantastic community, we wouldn't be here.
We'd like to thank our moms, our dads, Aunt Sally …
Just kidding. We'll be serious for a second and help remind you exactly who Identified is, what we do, and fill you in on all of the awesome stuff we have coming up that will most definitely blow your minds.
What is Identified?
The quick and dirty version? We're a company — a team, really — that takes all of the confusing stuff related to the job market and makes it completely easy to understand. How? In several ways.
- We have an awesome product that basically scores your resume (your professional information imported from Facebook) to let you know just how attractive a candidate you might be to potential employers and recruiters. What's your Identified score?
- We have sweet Facebook Recruiting Solutions tools that recruiters, employers, and hiring managers are using every day to search through our 2 million users strong database for candidates like you.
- We have an awesome blog (or I like to think so, anyway) where we answer all of your questions about how to get hired, what not to do if you want a job, how to break into certain industries, and even fill you in on all of the latest news related to the employment space (among other rad things we happen to be doing).
- We hold tons of awesome webinars and speak at various events to teach employers how to use social media to find awesome candidates.
- We talk to both successful professionals and job seekers every single day and even use our own networks to get you inside tips and tricks on how to get hired by nabbing exclusive advice straight from the pros themselves.
And more! So, so, so much more that we can't reveal just yet, but we'll be revealing everything happening in the coming weeks. Get pumped!
And this is only what we're doing on the surface.
Identified is solving real world issues.
So here's the big problem:
Social media has been sweeping the world, and with it comes this landslide of amazing opportunities — especially for those looking to score a new job, or land a sweet gig. But see, as valuable as social media can definitely be in the professional space, your average Joe-Shmoe isn't using it to create that sort of value. Instead, Joe is hanging out and posting status updates and uploading silly pictures.
This, of course, is fine!
It’s not like you shouldn’t be having fun on social networks.
But still — if you're not using your social profile to make yourself marketable, aren't you sort of missing out on amazing possibilities? Social users, as great as they are, are basically cutting themselves off from the wealth of recruiters and employers looking to actually hire potential candidates! Ludicrous.
But that's not even the worst part.
Think about it! Who are the people using these social platforms? Who are these unemployed folks who aren't maximizing their opportunities?
These social media users are us. We are the social generation. We are the status posting and silly-photo uploading youths who aren't realizing just how valuable our social profiles can be when it comes to getting our dream gigs. No one's really telling us how to market ourselves, what to put on our profiles to make ourselves more attractive to recruiters, or how to really get our names out there in the social space and say: "Look at me! I'm qualified, and you should hire me!"
Now, that's where Identified comes in.
Identified bridges the gap between the Facebook generation and employers:
Identified has opened itself up to the social community to help the clueless majority better understand and market their professional value. Here's how we're doing it.
First, we sign you up to our platform by connecting with your Facebook profile. Then, our professional-information-munching robots go to work automatically filling in all of the career-oriented information you've already added to Facebook, which generates your Identified Score. That is, a score from 0 to 100 that tells you just how attractive your Facebook job information might be to potential employers.
It gets better.
After you receive your initial Identified score, we then give you helpful tips on how to improve it. We tell you what sort of information you should be adding, who you should be connecting to in order to bump up your value, and all with the intent to help you continue improving your score, and therefore your professional marketability.
We've basically turned all this crazy job market stuff into a game, but it's a game you're playing that has actual real world value. In fact, it's a game you're playing that could get you an awesome job — especially because recruiters are actually using Identified's platform to find the people playing Identified's career-scoring game, and hiring them to work at great companies.
Identified is changing the world for the better by 1.) helping the Facebook generation find work in the modern and competitive job market, 2.) helping its community understand how to improve their professional lives, and 3.) providing basically all of the tools and information (along with inside tips and tricks) that a recruiter or potential candidate would ever need to place an awesome person in an even more awesome position.
At Identified, we do the hard work so you don't have to.
If you're down to help us change the world for the better, reach out to us! We're listening. Our team is full of amazingly talented people who all want the best for our community and for the world at large — we're a global company, after all. But we'd love to work with you guys as well!
What can you do?
Tons of things.
- Give us feedback! If you're a job-hunter, hang out on Identified.com's scoring system and tell us how you think we can improve it to make it more fun, and more rewarding. And if you're a recruiter or employer, give our Facebook Recruiting Solutions tools a shot and let us know what features we can improve on (or build!) to make finding these awesome candidates even easier. To our community at large, we need you to know that we care about your opinions, and that we're not designing this product for us — we're making it for you! Let us know how we can better your experience!
- Ask us questions! Our community has been great about sending in career oriented questions, but seriously, we want more! We love hearing from you guys, and we love getting the answers all of you need straight from the pros themselves. We're absolutely dedicated to helping you get a leg up on the competition, and we want you to know it!
- Spread the word! Get your friends to play Identified's scoring game. Invite them to ask us questions about getting jobs. We want to help everyone, and you can help by simply mentioning us! It's easy to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or circle us on Google+. We're everywhere, and we love to interact with you guys, so reach out!
I've probably said this a million times by now, but seriously — we love doing the hard work here at Identified so you don't have to. Reach out to us. We're listening, and we're more than happy to help.
And again, thank you to everyone who helped us grow our community so quickly. We couldn't have done it without you guys, and you have no idea how thankful we are to be among so many ambitious folks. Let's change the world together.
This is just the beginning.
About Sherilynn “Cheri” Macale: Cheri is a 24-year-old San Francisco transplant and is Identified’s resident “Career Blogging Wizard”. She is perhaps best known for her 10+ year background in Lifestyle Blogging, and most recently for her role with The Next Web as its lead Social Media News Editor (among other professional endeavours). When she’s not rubbing elbows with the tech and gaming saturated community of Silicon Valley, you’ll most likely find her tucked away in her apartment blogging, playing video games, or immersing herself in geek culture. You can follow her on Twitter, subscribe to her on Facebook, circle her on Google+, or shoot her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.