The time has finally come to jump ship! Since our public launch in September 2011, the Identified team has grown quickly in order to accomodate the swelling demand of what is now 10 million+ users (that's right, 10 million! — talk about huge milestones, baby).
With well over 50+ employees cranking out code and prototyping up a storm, things were starting to get a little cramped at 490 2nd Street. So, after spending close to nine months in that jam-packed little office space with engineers and designers alike all smooshed together elbow-to-elbow, Identified decided it was time for a major upgrade. In part to celebrate the 10 million user milestone and, of course, to better accomodate our amazing and quickly-growing team, Identified has relocated to somewhere awesome.
*Watch the full-res, hi-def version on our YouTube Channel!
Say hello to our new home in San Francisco's China Basin, just a stone's throw away from the AT&T Ball Park and home to several up-and-coming tech startups in Silicon Valley. But those aren't the only cool things about our new digs. Here are some perks and highlights straight from the Identified team to describe just how fantastic our new office space really is:
- So much room for activities! The building is huge, clean, and spacious. We're debating picking up in-office scooters — we definitely need them with how large our new place is!
- There's great coffee everywhere. Philz is just around the corner, the Creamery is next door (Ritual coffee for the win!), and the Focaccia restaurant downstairs makes fantastic hot lattes and espressos for all of the caffeine-craving employees occupying China Basin.
- Holy windows. It never feels like 6 o'clock with these enormous windows letting in so much light into our space. Ditch the Vitamin D pills, we've got you covered!
- We're right on the water. There's a beautiful (and clean) canal behind the building for enjoying yummy lunches by the water and admiring the sunny view. Spoiled!
- So many awesome places to eat, hang out, and visit for happy hour — woah! Panera Bread, Lucky Strike Bowling, Twenty Five Lusk, etc!
- Not to mention the great public transportation. Tons of shuttles come in and out to deliver tuckered-out employees to and from the various neighborhoods in San Francisco, while the muni N and T lines stop just around the corner, and the Cal-Train parks right in front of the building.
We've got it made.
With all this extra space (we jumped from a measely 5,000 to 17,000 feet of room), we've got tons of desks to fill with more passionate employees who believe in our company vision! We're aiming to reach a total of 75 employees by this summer, and yes, we're looking at you to fill the spots. If you want to be a part of our fun team and are looking forward to sharing this great new space with us, come meet us! We have a lot of fun (we're like a big family) and we're hiring!
As always, thank you to our amazing community. Without you, Identified wouldn't be where it is today. We look forward to your feedback and to seeing you around the Web on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and beyond!
– Team Identified